Hi There! Welcome to Erica's Blog!!

Welcome to My World

This is somewhere I voice my feelings & thoughts.
Do respect my thoughts & refrain from unnecessary comments.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Reflection of bible - giving everything

Music , games , fashion, computer , friendships , relationship etc. all these things revolves around our lives. It makes us who we are. If one day someone requires of us to give us all these things and trade it for something u might not be able to see, feel or touch but is able to give u the happiness u require would u? How many of us nowadays find it difficult to Give up everything? I for one would also find it very difficult.

It is always so easy for us to say, take up our crosses and follow him and all these words so pleasing to the ear but how often do we realize that these words are so difficult to be fulfilled.

Looking back at today's reading on the women who give all she had (2 small coins ) her whole entire livelihood as an offering to God.

Reflecting back also on my career as an educator, have I really been giving my all (2 small coins) ? I may not be called to the missionary vocation but the vocation as an educator is one of love commitment and passion. My greatest teacher is not one of this life but the one who has taught me a life lesson and who has given his life up for us so that we may learn from him and be like him - sacrifice himself for the love of others.

Getting to know him with each day that passes me by I realize that I could not have done so much without him. Coz I would have been dreading to teaching, hating my students for all they say or even teaching the bare minimum and leaving for home thereafter. But no this vocation he has prepared for me entails more than just the bare minimum but it requires my 2coins worth and all of me to be immerse in the yearning to be the light to these young minds and mould them into Christ like children of GoD!!

When Jesus looked up he saw some wealthy people
putting their offerings into the treasury
and he noticed a poor widow putting in two small coins.
He said, "I tell you truly,
this poor widow put in more than all the rest;
for those others have all made offerings from their surplus wealth,
but she, from her poverty, has offered her whole livelihood."


No comments: