Hi There! Welcome to Erica's Blog!!

Welcome to My World

This is somewhere I voice my feelings & thoughts.
Do respect my thoughts & refrain from unnecessary comments.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Being in love


Well I believe many of us in our lives , one time or another has had someone whom they love a lot. Be it your parents or even someone special. When there is a special request from them , do u abid by it? Why do u do so? Coz u r force to, coz he \she means a lot to u or coz u love them? I guess sometimes when we conform to the promises that we made with the other party, mostly is out of love for that person n simply also coz we love them. For example, I had a close friends whom I made promises to and vice versa. I guess when I keep to the promises is simply coz I love them and coz they mean a lot to me too. - be safe, be happy always, take care of myself.

Similarly, the reading today that struck me ... Many a times we say we must obey the commandments god has given u, but do we do it out of fear? Of punishment? Of eternal demnation? How many of us actually do it coz we love him? & similarly, when we love our gf/bf or special someone, we don promise them coz we fear them, but coz we love them.

The readings of the day encourages us to love him, walk his ways n keep his commandments. Looks so simple, but seem so difficult, coz many a times, these commandants are simply too difficult to live out. However when we were called to pick out our crosses n follow him, no one said it was going to be easy. n it is even further emphasize “The Son of Man must suffer greatly and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests, and the scribes, and be killed and on the third day be raised.” n “If anyone wishes to come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it. What profit is there for one to gain the whole world
yet lose or forfeit himself?"

During this season of lent, it is a good time to take stock of our lives n what we could do with it to follow the commandments

No comments: