Hi There! Welcome to Erica's Blog!!

Welcome to My World

This is somewhere I voice my feelings & thoughts.
Do respect my thoughts & refrain from unnecessary comments.

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Generous

Be Generous !! I guess this word has been used a couple more times than expected but how often are we really generous? With our Time, Money, or even Energy.
Do we spare time for people who needs us, offer up our money to those we need it more than us or even energy to take care of those we are less agile than us. Easier said than done right?

In this time, year and age, how often do you see such acts of random kindness being shown. If someone tries to be nice on the road or in the train , we give that guy or girl a weird stare as though that person is a freak. But today our faith challenges us to be generous and share with those around us.

In the past few days I have been wallowed in the sadness and hurt of myself that i forget about those who truly love me. Todays reading prompted me to be generous and stop thinking about the ME but about the US. If we are so self-centered and self righteous, we forget about the love we need to show to those who truly love us coz we're clouded by our own pride. Just like the disciples, as meal time was coming and they - with the little they had - wanted to send the people away to get food. But Christ in all his mercy and love, shared and multiplied what he had and give it to the people to eat.

Some of you who read this may just say "aiyah, this is impossible! how could this be! and coz Christ is God so he can Multiply the loaves." I would dare challenge this believe of yours, a little miracle i have encountered of my own in my life. I do realized that whenever i give things to the needy, i get more in return. I guess it is HIS way of showing his love back to me.

I remembered once, not too long since I begin work and I have almost spend all my salary on medical bills, telephone bills and transportation etc. I had barely enough to survive till the next pay day. So sunday came and as usual the church wardens came along with their blue bag for donations. I reached into my wallet and saw that I had only a $5 bill left. At that moment I thought to myself - selfishly "if i were to give this i'll not be able to survive the 2 days". But just as i was about to brush the thought of not giving to the poor that week, somehow something within me said "give it up, it is for a good cost." So I listened to that little voice and gave the money up. Uncertain of what life entails after this, I encountered a blessing in disguise - I lost my entire wallet. Luckily enough, I had no money nor cards except the adult e-zlink cards in that wallet.

Some time later, my mum came to know about this, she not only bought me a LV wallet but also in addition, CNY came and I had more than what I gave for the mass. Guess i would say, sometimes all we need is to believe and trust in Christ to work miracles in our lives and you will truly see it happening.

Dear God,

I guess sometimes things around us gets into us and we find it really hard to share with people who needs us and our time. But in all that I do of this day, may it be an act of my generosity to your people. Teach me to be more like you in my day to day living as i part take of this journey as your instrument of LOVE.

Loves,
Your Daughter

Mark 6:34 - 44

When Jesus saw the vast crowd, his heart was moved with pity for them,
for they were like sheep without a shepherd;
and he began to teach them many things.
By now it was already late and his disciples approached him and said,
“This is a deserted place and it is already very late.
Dismiss them so that they can go
to the surrounding farms and villages
and buy themselves something to eat.”
He said to them in reply,
“Give them some food yourselves.”
But they said to him,
“Are we to buy two hundred days’ wages worth of food
and give it to them to eat?”
He asked them, “How many loaves do you have? Go and see.”
And when they had found out they said,
“Five loaves and two fish.”
So he gave orders to have them sit down in groups on the green grass.
The people took their places in rows by hundreds and by fifties.
Then, taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven,
he said the blessing, broke the loaves, and gave them to his disciples
to set before the people;
he also divided the two fish among them all.
They all ate and were satisfied.
And they picked up twelve wicker baskets full of fragments
and what was left of the fish.
Those who ate of the loaves were five thousand men.

No comments: