Hi There! Welcome to Erica's Blog!!

Welcome to My World

This is somewhere I voice my feelings & thoughts.
Do respect my thoughts & refrain from unnecessary comments.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Fishers of Man

Have you ever felt condemned, judged or at times persecuted by your fellow friends or colleagues? That no one understands you in this world? The whole world - in your perception - is against you?

This reflection brought me back to a couple of events that happen in the past few days back. I felt pain, hurt and a a huge bulk of recalling back the past 3 years ago. But none the least i knew somehow he was there by my side. "he's our healer, he won't disappoint"

"Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself, take up his cross and follow me"

When we are called by Christ to be his followers he did not call those "perfect" people. He called for tax collectors and fishermen... people who are outcasts of the system. And the journey is promise is not one of fame and glory but one of pain and persecution. In the same way , i may not be the most perfect person, but each time i take up my cross and follow him, i recall on the times he has suffered for me to help me persevere on. This journey may not be easy but when we lean on his mercy love and graces , we will grow, we will overcome and we will learn. Just like the apostles we are called to reach out to others no matter what they do to us.

I would like to end off this post with this incident that happen not too long ago. It was funny how someone injured himself and all i did was just a small act of applying medication on his wound and he thanked me for what i did. I just merely did something which i was tot it was the correct thing to do when someone was injured but he made me recall that Mother Teresa once said: "He did not call me to reach do great things, but small things with great love."





No comments: