Sunday, January 31, 2010
Saturday, January 30, 2010
My Day started off well today ,
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Funny how I was saying about surrendering and today's reading speaks of the word surrender. Well Jesus ignores his family when they were wanting to speak to him . In singapore that is called RUDE. but Jesus also goes on to explain that the Kingdom up there is not just for his FAMILY but for everyone who does the will of God & in order for us to do the will of God we must surrender. Gosh One hell load of big word . Well thinking back on this word, well I recalled what my cousin said that night at Natalie's birthday. In order for one to take on the road to vocation, it is a big sacrifice, a lot to surrender & a lot of uncertainty . To truly trust in God in order to take on this path. Well not an easy step but I guess I will still be there to support you
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
The reading for today reminded me alot of the time I went to watch Paul the Musical. I enjoyed the works & drama part of it and of coz the story. What really struck me the most today was the conversion of Saul. He changed just by Christ appearing to him etc, and he went out to be a witness to everyone in the city. Compared to me, Am I a worthy witness for Christ? Well as I stood reflecting on the readings, I ask myself, I can never be worthy of Christ but I could be a follower of him to imitate his ways. Being in TOL & a Mentor to this group am I a witness to them? Am I helping them witness to others? Am I a good Christian myself to my students under my charge too? I do not know if I am capable of it at all. Somehow I guess this is where I surrender to HIM .
Monday, January 25, 2010
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Monday, January 18, 2010
Thursday, January 14, 2010
A Class in school was unable to maintain silence & it was impossible for Mr Lee to speak to them, as such I have impose a teaching with them that I would be monitoring their behavior in the lab. For every stick I draw on the board , the class is due for the period of detention. During the detention , I would require them to do reflection & compo of their own. They were punish for 40 mins (5 sticks * 8 mins) As such I made them reflect on a person they respect most & why was it so. I came to realise that these students respect parents which was a commendable. Some of the students repected parents because they spend quality time with them and some even coaching them in their studies. However to my amusment some of the students actually wrote that they repect their parents bacuse they gave them what they WANT and buy things for them and even giving them money. Some even found it hard to write about people whom they respect the most . This was something which I feel sad for the students . It also made me think about what kind of a teacher and parent I would want to be next time to either kids under my charge or a mother to my child.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Friday, January 08, 2010
Monday, January 04, 2010
1 Jn 3:22–4:6
We receive from him whatever we ask,
because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him.
And his commandment is this:
we should believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ,
and love one another just as he commanded us.
Those who keep his commandments remain in him, and he in them,
and the way we know that he remains in us
is from the Spirit whom he gave us.
was reflecting on these words for today, Ask & you will receive if we keep his commandments. that is true , absolutely true, these pass month, I have been journeying with God & listening to his words, I just say that God has been really kind & generous to me. giving me loads of borrowed time. Loads of fun & good memories and loads of things to learn.
Really thinking to myself. somehow it is amazing that God so loved the world that he gave his only son to us so that we may have eternal life. Who am I to reject the will of the Father and stop him from doing what God wills him to do. It may not be an easy move but we'll journey together & i'll help him with this cross. I am sure somewhere in our lives we need someone to journey with us, and i know being in this ministry which he has chosen it is even harder to find someone whom you can journey with - except God. Sitting at McCafe drinking my fav drink and feeling the wind blowing through my hair I just can't wait for what obstacles God's gonna put us through. I just wanna tell God," bring it on!" coz I know you will not give me a cross too heavy I cannot bear. I wanna grow to be closer to you Lord walking every step with you by my side.
A quote came to me, for those who are my friends & love me loads & those who wanna know me better ... this is something I like alot.
- don't walking in front of me, i may not catch up, don't walk behind me, I may not be able to lead, just walk beside me & journey with me. I love you
Sunday, January 03, 2010
"the essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another."
No an easy task to do , well but I guess to me the greatest teaching that ever roamed he earth is JEsus himself. He taught us love , he taught us what is right and what we should do to gain HIS Father's favour. I am so glad that I knew this great teacher.
Guess today had not ended till now, i was talking on the phone with nick, I just shared with him how i feel. Well he did too, of coz I heard every thing he feels, I am so sorry to make you feel upset, guess sometimes when you do not have the chemistry, it just ends. Well as much as you feel guilty , so do I . Each time you say you are guilty, it makes me hurt more coz I would reflect back on the times when I could have held back the secret & not tell. I don ever wanna see you sad, guilty, I just want the good old times back , like friends we were.
We chat till phone batt flat, guess that is when God is really telling us to put down.
Saturday, January 02, 2010
“Optimism is the faith that lead to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope & confidence”
guess after these few days of intensive reflection and closer walk with God, I start to see the many angels that God has placed in front of me to help me walk.
Ally, chatting till 12 midnight, so sweet of you & I really like this close walk with you.
Matt & Josh, random calling me out, just to walk, chill and have fun. – matt no ghost horrow shows….SCARY!
Carmen, though I can be v irritable at times (exam stress) you nv fail to call / buzz me. I love you deep deep girl
Paul, You nv mention anything or wanna touch the topic when I am with you coz you know I am sad, in pain . Thanks for caring and loving me.
Fr Aloy, though there was nothing you know but just having you there puts me at ease. I feel comforted & each time when you are there , you seem to know how I am feeling. (doubt you really know ) but it is a peace I cannot describe.
God puts this angels there to help me walk , stand up & feel his love through the people around me.
Friday, January 01, 2010
- A wonderful and unfailing God who is there for me & never love me any lesser
- A wonderful family, who nv fail to support me when I am down
- 2 Wonderful Godchildren whom God has so lovingly blessed me with.
- A group of supporting AV kids in school
- Loving colleagues esp. my TAs, Ismail, Taqi & trainers : manuel, crey
- for me to get a mac book
- for giving me great friends ,Louis, Andrew & Johnboy (Though busy nv fail to check on me)
- The chance to know new friends -- SDYD , PC, SFX etc. I will nv forget all that we have gone through for the 1 yr of prep .
- For getting what I needed / wanted for Christmas --- Crucifix, HP & jacket
- The Chance to once again start studying. -- although I doubt i did well this term :-(
- A wonderful external Family of TOL:
- Carmen who has always been there whenever I need a shoulder to cry on, a loving advice or a "wake up" call.
- Paul, always loving me so much that it overflows. You nv fail to give me all the help i need & pamper me with the things I want. Too bad work ties both of us down & time is nv on our side. hope as we plan session & work towards 2010 , we have more time to spend with each other planning & chilling out too. Study hard boy
- Nick, not just an adult adviser but someone who I can be with & seek comfort in all the time. The time shared with you for the past 2 years was the best time i ever had. - from project to fun you are always there to support me. I am so gonna miss you , actually now I am feeling it already .. make sure I am still on your top priority list when u go in.
- Daniel, Manfred, Greg, Ian : it has been a rocky 2009 but I am sure glad that you all still stick through thick n thin with me. Do hope to have you all by my side for 2010.
- Charmaine, Matthew, Mel Josh & Jared : All have their strength & weaknesses, but none the least you have all thought me have to love, in a different way & I thank God for letting me love you all so much - unconditional Love . Really glad you guys join coz of me but do hope you all have gained a closer walk with God too. -- don forget to count your own blessings too
- Ally, Colin, Dunstan & Natasha : always ready to open up to me and share their problems with me