Hi There! Welcome to Erica's Blog!!

Welcome to My World

This is somewhere I voice my feelings & thoughts.
Do respect my thoughts & refrain from unnecessary comments.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Strength will rise as we wait upon the LORD






This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about.
When his mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph,
but before they lived together,
she was found with child through the Holy Spirit.
Joseph her husband, since he was a righteous man,
yet unwilling to expose her to shame,
decided to divorce her quietly.
Such was his intention when, behold,
the angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said,
“Joseph, son of David,
do not be afraid to take Mary your wife into your home.
For it is through the Holy Spirit
that this child has been conceived in her.
She will bear a son and you are to name him Jesus,
because he will save his people from their sins.”
All this took place to fulfill
what the Lord had said through the prophet:

Behold, the virgin shall be with child and bear a son,
and they shall name him Emmanuel,

which means “God is with us.”
When Joseph awoke,
he did as the angel of the Lord had commanded him
and took his wife into his home.
He had no relations with her until she bore a son,
and he named him Jesus.


Have you ever ask about the mystery of Christ and his Coming? Do you often find loopholes in the Faith you "so called" believe in? Does it bothers why others still continue believing in this Faith but you can't? Well here is another.

As I reflected on this passage, I Recall the previous day's gospel reading that the Messiah was to be born from the lineage of King David. Hence it cannot be fulfilled by Mary, as in those times, ancestry is counted only through the Father. This is also incidentally no indication that Mary is of David's Line. So what happen than? Did something go wrong somewhere? Upon reflection I realized that All this happen through the power of the HOLY SPIRIT , indicating the divinity of Christ into the House of David. Coz at that time, there was no such thing as DNA or Test tube baby - the only 2 ways of getting a possible BOY is by (1) by solemn declaration that he adopts a son or (2) by marriage & consummation. Since Mary was a virgin, it is only but by the 1st way that Jesus becomes the son of David.

Sometimes Faith is not always about trying to link points to points in the bible but comprehending the Mystery and Power of the God so that it can withstand rigorous examinations and exploring the implication of that faith for all aspect of human life with your head and loving HIM more and more with your heart.

Dear God,

As I marvel at your awesomeness, teach me to reflect deeply into your word each day and spend time in peace and stillness, embracing your love and your wisdom. Your infinite power amazes me but yet puts me right where i belong - nothing but a creation of your love. Dearest Father as i cry out to you this day, I am tired, I can't go on, I do not know where to go, what to do & what more even what to say. It is only by your strength that I can go through this. Teach me , guide me and mould me to be your humble servant and instrument of Love. At times words of others hurts me, it pains me to even think of how to face them again, but God grant me the ability to forgive what others have done to me.


Love,

Your Daughter

"be still and know that I am God."


No comments: