Hi There! Welcome to Erica's Blog!!

Welcome to My World

This is somewhere I voice my feelings & thoughts.
Do respect my thoughts & refrain from unnecessary comments.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Thank you for loving me

"No one who lights a lamp conceals it with a vessel
or sets it under a bed;
rather, he places it on a lampstand
so that those who enter may see the light.
For there is nothing hidden that will not become visible,
and nothing secret that will not be known and come to light."


Some one once told me , in order to lead n guide people , u will need to rely on HiS strength. In the few years that has passed me by, I am happy to have had these people around me to support me, sometimes when I am tired out , when i feel low. Sometimes it is really hard to be the light to someone, especially when you know that it is not their time.

In the passage above, I was reminded of the talents I have, & the gifts that God has so lovingly poured down upon me, It just makes me feel as though sometimes i am like this river being filled by a giant humongous fountain of love. Each time i choose to keep this love to myself , the fountain will flow in drops but when i give and give more, he continues to pour his un-weavering heart on me.

My Dad's Aunty passed on just yesterday, she was the first lady that I have known in my life that lived till 100 years old. Yep! But what i was more comforted to hear was when all her family members whom i met (FOR THE 1st TIME - in my entire 25 yrs) had said to me, "she has lead a good life." I couldn't help but tot to myself, how could someone so old, and frail have a good life? It was then that i realized, she has had, great great grand children all by her side & a whole bunch of people who came for her wake, wreaths and even a loving grand daughter who sang for the services at the void deck, and even a family constantly devoted to prayers. Though it was the first time i met them, they were all so sweet , so welcoming. - typical Eurasian - it runs in the blood. I also saw people who looked like me, hehe - similar facial features...


Today as i was on my way back from school, a couple of uncultured boys were taunting 2 girls, the girls kept quiet and they just bored the bus, and knowing that they didn't really felt comfortable to begin with. The commuters at the bus stop too felt uncomfortable but -being singaporeans - they minded their own business. Yes and I had to walk into their path. Of coz i was not spared, but being the ME I am, I hate (note i never use this words unless needed) people who pick on others who are weak. Well taunting begin. As I stood there, watching them, I asked God what should I do & this words came into mind

"Take care, then, how you hear.
To anyone who has, more will be given,
and from the one who has not,
even what he seems to have will be taken away."

Why should I stoop to their levels? and since i am their teacher more is expected of me, to teach them what is right. Ignoring is not all the time the best thing especially when you see them doing wrong. So as the 81 approached, i turned to them & told them "You guys should to respect your friends & teachers." I walked up & the EPIC moment was when i saw
1) as they were teasing me thinking i wouldn't react , I DID !
2) the laughter on their face were wiped off
3) the smile on the commuters face & the glare of disgust at them.

So as the bus drove off into the scene, I told my BEST FRIEND (GOD) thank you for accepting me who i am, giving me friends who care for me from within & loving me so much. As I gazed at the open land on the TPE expressway, i told GOD, Bless all those who have yet to learn & are searching for you , the ultimate love. (*ahem those that can't accept who i am)

No comments: