Hi There! Welcome to Erica's Blog!!

Welcome to My World

This is somewhere I voice my feelings & thoughts.
Do respect my thoughts & refrain from unnecessary comments.

Monday, July 12, 2010

"Any one who loses his life for my sake will find it."
As I reflected today on the message, it seems as though God is asking for the impossible. But as I journeyed with him all this while, I find it is not at all impossible. He is just asking for us to make HIM the priority - to Love him with all our hearts and our neighbours as well.

Recall the end of the retreat, I heard of this song ... thanks to Acts 2 who sang who song for P&W, I felt his calling me to "to live is Christ & to die is gain" , Tears ran down my cheeks. It linked so much with the readings. The more I search , the more I realized that God has all the while been standing there for me & with me in everything I do, he has been walking me all this while. In the past few days I have been through alot, but each time, I choose to look for him, When No one else can comprehend or even share this pain & hurt that is in my heart, HE can. At times when letting go can be difficult, detachment can be painful, but if letting go will help others grow, he will give you his strength to help us do so. As much as we can let go, just be there for them when they need us. "Loving someone is doing what is best for the other even if it hurts. And if leaving is the best thing for the other person, it will be." Even Christ himself had to leave no matter how much he loves his mother & friends. It may hurt, it may be painful, each time it hurts, run to God, run to his everlasting love, his big strong eagle's wings that will keep you ever safe in his care.

Our families are there for us & they are always by our side, we can choose our friends but we can never choose our family members. In the passage today, Christ is not wanting to break our families up but rather giving us examples, "do not place your security in the things of the world but rather place your security in HIS hands." Families and friendship are important to most of us, BUT it should NEVER take precedence over your relationship with God. Not that we totally neglect our families, NO but love them & take care of them as you have always been doing or are suppose to be doing. But when problems occur, and when parents get old & "troublesome" , it sometimes maybe difficult for you to handle, LEAN on God for his Love to be able to LOVE them more and more.

In addition for some, "family & friends" are "LV, Armani, Gucci, Prada, Career, Work, Status, Money or Condo." These are things of this world, which we can only bring us temporary happiness and security. What can truly make us happy and secure is the LOVE of our FATHER.

Jesus said to his Apostles:
"Do not think that I have come to bring peace upon the earth.
I have come to bring not peace but the sword.
For I have come to set
a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law;
and one's enemies will be those of his household.

"Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me,
and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;
and whoever does not take up his cross
and follow after me is not worthy of me.
Whoever finds his life will lose it,
and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

"Whoever receives you receives me,
and whoever receives me receives the one who sent me.
Whoever receives a prophet because he is a prophet
will receive a prophet's reward,
and whoever receives a righteous man
because he is righteous
will receive a righteous man's reward.
And whoever gives only a cup of cold water
to one of these little ones to drink
because he is a disciple–
amen, I say to you, he will surely not lose his reward."

When Jesus finished giving these commands to his Twelve disciples,
he went away from that place to teach and to preach in their towns.


No comments: