Hi There! Welcome to Erica's Blog!!

Welcome to My World

This is somewhere I voice my feelings & thoughts.
Do respect my thoughts & refrain from unnecessary comments.

Monday, March 08, 2010


Who Am I to you ?

Lk 4:24-30

Jesus said to the people in the synagogue at Nazareth:
“Amen, I say to you,
no prophet is accepted in his own native place.
Indeed, I tell you, there were many widows in Israel
in the days of Elijah
when the sky was closed for three and a half years
and a severe famine spread over the entire land.
It was to none of these that Elijah was sent,
but only to a widow in Zarephath in the land of Sidon.
Again, there were many lepers in Israel
during the time of Elisha the prophet;
yet not one of them was cleansed, but only Naaman the Syrian.”
When the people in the synagogue heard this,
they were all filled with fury.
They rose up, drove him out of the town,
and led him to the brow of the hill
on which their town had been built,
to hurl him down headlong.
But he passed through the midst of them and went away.

Todays Gospel takes about acceptance of christ & people around. When we get familiar with what we have, we get contented and when something changes that is said or done, not pleasing to us, we jump - just like the people of Nazareth.

Was there a time you were like the people in the synagogue?

Taking a look back at my life, I realise that I am sometimes fall short too. Especially to my evil step-sisters. I am trying to see the good side of them. I do know at times they mean no harm, and it is always better to build bridges rather than tear them down. This takes time but slowly , relying on his strength and power I would learn to love my step - sisters.

Was there a time you felt like you were in Jesus' shoes ? Would you question your faith? eg:Who am I ?

Yes many times, in fact today is one good example. Woke up and I got a blasting from someone through an sms, I cried, I was hurt. Felt blamed , felt wronged for all that happened. At the same moment I held on to my chain and prayed, miraculously, God never fails to provide. At that very moment 9am an angel came with his fluffy wings and embraced me. I could almost feel the warmth as I sat on my bed in tears. That very time time I felt loved. I am glad this angel is willing to start work so early. Still need him for the afternoon surgery. Felt his presence and warmth. Of coz I called to clarified what was wrong. PMS mood. What really took me by surprise was that Who Am I that he would actually shelter me with his wings and comfort me when I am all alone. I realized, I am his little princess. Forever I will be, No one can rob me of that happiness and relationship I have with my Father.






How would you react if Jesus was to stand in front of you today? Who is he to us?

Are you nuts? Can't be ? He won't be so hi-tech and IT - savvy to the future? to me, he is not only a father, my lover and my saviour but he is also my best friend. Hmm ever tot of how he would look like. (on the cross with 6 pac) it is amazing how he keeps so fit - does he goes to the gym every day or run round the world 24 times a week? but back in reality I never doubted he could come to me, coz I myself have experience his love. Trust me! don ask for what you cannot handle-(doubting thomas) The experience I had was just something I would hold deep in my heart but yet enough and overflowing for me to do his Work. At mass the thing that keeps me going is to be able to listen to all his love story for me & to be able to share in the candlelight dinner with him. (sounds like my boyfriend) hmm lets just say I have fallen deeper in love with this Christ.

Love story , no one would write 73 books (not pages) of love story to you & ask different people to read it out to you every single DAY. Your boyfriend will get sick and tired of that after doing it for a month man!!

Candle light dinner, altar has candles lit at the eucharistic celebration but that is not all. At dinners with your lovers you also share same drink and food right? Feeding each other and having "indirect kisses" when you drink off the same cup/straw - Same with the Holy Eucharist & Wine & he is just right there in front of you staring at you as you for that 1 hour as though a patient boyfriend only wanting to hear your story and problems , ready to reach out his hand to "sayang" you

Songs sang are just like the music you play to add to your romantic atmosphere. Some songs, make you feel like dancing with him but yet some songs are so meaningful that it is as though he is just singing a love song to you.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cried as i read your blog. I never thought of the Lord and the mass like that before. I am touched by your personal interpretation and feelings. May God Bless You Always!