Hi There! Welcome to Erica's Blog!!

Welcome to My World

This is somewhere I voice my feelings & thoughts.
Do respect my thoughts & refrain from unnecessary comments.

Monday, February 01, 2010



Mk 5:1-20

Today's gospel was an eye opener, as I look into the gospel , it made me think of the possess man & how he was attacked by the Legion. I recalled a certain catechists mentioned before that when someone is possess , he is attacked by not one but by many demons. In addition it also made me reflect back on the power of Christ. His power was so great that even demons are afraid of him, villages asked him to leave as they were probably even afraid of the uncertainty ahead if Jesus were to stay on. Jesus can be so powerful but yet he is still so loving to be able to die on the cross for all of us, looking at some of the rich and powerful people in our today's world, how many of them are as loving as him. Then do you really think they are powerful. To me the richest people are those who are able to reach out to people in need, filling them with the love from high above. I recalled this quotation.


"We cannot do great things on this Earth, only small things with great love" Mother Teresa



(a picture of a girl helping out her family to earn money by working in the dumpsite in Philippines -Paralang Pantaos, Payatas. Families are unable to send her for education hence even with education the love for her family is still present.)

As much as Jesus is willing to remove all that blocks us from God - even sin , are we ready to be open to God and allow him to work through us for the good of all mankind? Recently my journey with God has revealed many things to me, He too has sent me Angels to walk this journey with me. I recalled a conversation with Sister, she was saying that probably the trials I am going through is a testing ground for me to be able to understand this area of youths better. When you pray for something , e.g. "patience" God can't just give you patience, he puts people around you to allow your patience to be tested.


Today I came back home early, I just wanted to spend time at home with my dad. When I got home, I saw my mum too, it was kinda a pleasant surprise. She wasn't naggy today and instead rather sweet. I was resting on my bed thinking about things when she came in to my room & lay on my bed too. She started talking to me & I somehow wished that this could happen everyday of my life. She used to do that when I was a child. I just thought to myself how lucky I am to have loving parents , they even sent me up and down school, work & cared about my health. Although they do give me $ when I was younger , I treasured the meal times & chat times with them & even simple chinese drama serial together. Time is short with them, I really wished that time could turn back, when I was younger, my dad used to carry me from AMK ave 1 - ave 10 , as I didn't want to dirty my white shoes & dress. I love my Family. Even now, knowing what I am going through , though they may seem unconcern but they do care about me & worry for me, especially each time i lock my room door.




I know that even if my bridge of life collapse on me one day , my family will still be there
Many times we may have our differences but, at the end of the day, we are still FAMILY

The Foundation of Love begins at home !!

"Anyone can be a Father, but not everyone can be my daddy!"

“A Mother holds her children's hands for a while...their hearts forever”


"This picture is one I would treasure the most, giving me the warmth in the cold winter when taking picture & always looking out for me. " - It is a somehow funny why my colleagues always ask me if he was my BF. Well then I would say he is my best friend that God forgot to give.

was looking for pictures of my family when I came across so many lovely pictures of us all !!

No comments: