Hi There! Welcome to Erica's Blog!!

Welcome to My World

This is somewhere I voice my feelings & thoughts.
Do respect my thoughts & refrain from unnecessary comments.

Friday, February 19, 2010

"it is when you put your past behind, that you will be able to move on"

Guess things do happen, but during this season of lent I am trying to make a conscious effort to remember HIM in all I do - even to carry the cross with him. In prayer , in fasting, in abstaining. I am glad I met a great friend today whom I missed alot.

Prayer works!
Memories of 2009 came into my mind and how we journeyed together and grow in faith to serve the same God. TOL & I watch forest gump, in he beginning I was kinda sad coz when i pass them worksheets to reflect on, they were reluctant and I tot to myself hours spent typing this reflections and printing has been wasted. :( Later i prayed & tot to myself, this group is who they are, I guess I will accept whatever comes & the bonding time after the movie was also great , guess it beats discussion for a day of celebration.

Fasting helps!
Today is total defense day, obviously you know me, sweet potatoes are not my cup of tea, so I didn't go for it in school. I tot to myself that I would make it a point to spend this 40 days in fast for him (as far as my health can take it) - hey it can be a way to help you diet too *positive thinking*

Abstain from MEAT (whatever that is delicious to us)!!!
Computer games, TV shows, smsing even my favourite drinks, I am trying to make it a point to see how I can restrain myself from all these things. Well guess all this abstaining does help me grow - self control - a fruit of the holy spirit

PS: my arm hurts more and more .... sensitive, fever subsided but at the same time it hurts too. :'( U know sometimes I really wish I could just run to someone to "man jah" with that person, to even get a hug just to take the pain away.

No comments: