Hi There! Welcome to Erica's Blog!!

Welcome to My World

This is somewhere I voice my feelings & thoughts.
Do respect my thoughts & refrain from unnecessary comments.

Sunday, February 07, 2010



"Do not be afraid; I will make you fishers of men"

Dear God,
Today has been a wonderful day for me & my love ones. It was the Feb babies birthday. I woke up to go with my dad to church but sat in canteen. Looking at the people passing me by, I started to reflect on todays reading --> read it last night before I slept. Went for Cat Class & then for Mass.

Today's gospel really applied to me. It made me reflect on the times when I was at my life when I have depended on my own strength to want to make things happen, it would always turn out to be a big boo boo! Nowadays I learn to lean not on my own strength but trust in your's to lead and guide me. I recalled many times in making decision, did I think that my ideas were better but it is when i pray and listen to you did you reveal what is the best decision.

When we meet with road blocks in our life do we trust God enough to let him lead & guide us or do we tell him that our ways are better? In making decisions, no matter small or big, do we try to place our decision before God's plan for us?

Simon said in reply,
“Master, we have worked hard all night and have caught nothing,
but at your command I will lower the nets.”
Are we just like Simon, do we stop ourselves from new and different ideas or teachings, thinking that we know it all coz we are more experience? Of coz Simon's later action shows us the act of obedience to authority. At times we may have the most fabulous ideas and the most interesting ideas that we think everyone will like, but when the authority says another, do we obey? This reading made me recollect the year that has past & the people I have worked with. Learning to work with some can be a pain but humility is something We all as Christians should learn. In order to lead , one must be humble & obedient to the Lord & the people he put in charge of us. In addition, when you meet disappointment and failures, do you press upon the Lord, like Simon, to hear his word and to receive his command?

Jesus said to Simon, “Do not be afraid, from now on you will be catching men.”
I thought about the kind of people Jesus chooses to be his followers, to spread the Good News. They are not the riches or the riches, they are not the most well liked, but they are people like fisherman who are the lower class citizen and the tax collectors who are the most hated of by the people. He doesn't choose those who have the skill to lead but he chooses those who have the heart for God & the passion to serve His people. I remembers just a couple of days ago at YM meeting I told Fr Aloy I was afraid I do not have the skills to lead the Youth Ministry, but I guess now is where Fr Aloy is answering area of concern.

During communion I was drawn in by this song, HERE I AM LORD. It is very meaningful to me in many ways but each time i sing, I feel your presence beside me holding my hand and leading me through LIFE.

No comments: